Please find the latest COVID-19 pandemic information below:
If you are a healthcare worker and would like to volunteer to assist in New York City, please find more information here.
This evening the Department of the Treasury and Small Business Administration issued guidance for the Paycheck Protection Program. The guidance can be found here:
• Paycheck Protection Program – Interim Final Rule
Assistance for American Workers and Families
In the weeks immediately after the passage of the CARES Act, Americans will see fast and direct relief in the form of Economic Impact Payments. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Assistance for Small Businesses
The Paycheck Protection Program prioritizes millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. Small businesses and eligible nonprofit organizations, Veterans organizations, and Tribal businesses described in the Small Business Act, as well as individuals who are self-employed or are independent contractors, are eligible if they also meet program size standards.
• For a top-line overview of the program CLICK HERE
• If you’re a lender, more information can be found HERE
• If you’re a borrower, more information can be found HERE
• Final Borrower Application Form NEW
• Lender Electronic Data Form NEW
• Paycheck Protection Program – Interim Final Rule NEW
30 Days to Slow the Spread
President Trump announced updated guidelines this week to continue slowing the spread of Coronavirus in America. This 30-day window will be crucial: If every American does his or her part, the latest model suggests we could save 1 million or more U.S. lives. Please click here for more information: 30 Days to Slow the Spread (Español)
How to Help –
If you or your organization are interested in helping the effort to combat the spread of COVID-19, FEMA has established a website (www.fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help) with more information. Examples for the private sector include:
• To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation. Full details can be found in the solicitation (Notice ID 70FA2020R00000011).
o This solicitation requires registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to be considered for award, pursuant to applicable regulations and guidelines. Registration information can be found at www.sam.gov. Registration must be “ACTIVE” at the time of award.
• If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
• If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you are a hospital or healthcare provider in need of medical supplies, please contact your state, local, tribal or territory department of public health and/or emergency management agency.
• If you are interested in doing business with FEMA and supporting the response to COVID- 19 with your company’s non-medical goods and/or services, please submit your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Action Innovative Response Team (PAIR) team at DHSIndustryLiaison@hq.dhs.gov.
For additional information please visit FEMA’s website: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus/.
White House COVID-19 Updates
• Memorandum on Order Under the Defense Production Act Regarding the Purchase of Ventilators (HERE)
• Statement from the President Regarding the Defense Production Act (HERE)
• Memorandum on Order Under the Defense Production Act Regarding 3M Company (HERE)
• Memorandum on Providing Federal Support for Governors’ Use of the National Guard to Respond to COVID-19 (HERE)
• President Trump Approves Disaster Declaration for Tennessee and the U.S. Virgin Islands
• 1600 Daily – These 30 Days: How You Can Help (HERE)
Social Security Recipients Will Automatically Receive Economic Impact Payments (HERE)
• The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service announced that Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file an abbreviated tax return to receive an Economic Impact Payment. Instead, payments will be automatically deposited into their bank accounts.
DOJ and HHS Partner to Distribute More Than Half A Million Medical Supplies Confiscated From Price Gougers (HERE)
• DOJ and HHS today announced the distribution of hoarded personal protective equipment, including approximately 192,000 N95 respirator masks, to those on the frontline of COVID-19 response in New York and New Jersey.
OCR Announces Notification of Enforcement Discretion to Allow Uses and Disclosures of Protected Health Information by Business Associates for Public Health and Health Oversight Activities During The COVID-19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency (HERE)
• Today, the Office for Civil Rights at HHS announced, effective immediately, that it will exercise its enforcement discretion and will not impose penalties for violations of certain provisions of the HIPAA Privacy Rule against health care providers or their business associates for the good faith uses and disclosures of protected health information by business associates for public health and health oversight activities during the COVID-19 nationwide public health emergency.
Decontamination and Reuse of Filtering Facepiece Respirators using Contingency and Crisis Capacity Strategies (HERE)
• Based on the limited research available, ultraviolet germicidal irradiation, vaporous hydrogen peroxide, and moist heat showed the most promise as potential methods to decontaminate FFRs. This document summarizes research about decontamination of FFRs before reuse.
FDA Provides Updated Guidance to Address the Urgent Need for Blood During the Pandemic (HERE)
• As part of FDA’s ongoing commitment to fight the Coronavirus pandemic, today the agency issued guidance for immediate implementation to address the urgent and immediate need for blood and blood components.
o FDA Daily Roundup 4/2 (HERE)
o FDA: Food Access and COVID-19 (VIDEO)
IRS Issues Warning About Coronavirus-Related Scams (HERE)
• The IRS urged taxpayers to be on the lookout for a surge of calls and email phishing attempts about the Coronavirus, or COVID-19. These contacts can lead to tax-related fraud and identity theft.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Private Nonprofit Organizations Factsheet (HERE)
• This fact sheet provides guidance for determining the eligibility of PNP applicants and work performed in accordance with the COVID-19 emergency and major disaster declarations.
DOT Secretary Chao Announces $25 Billion to Help Nation’s Public Transportation Systems Respond to COVID-19 (HERE)
• DOT’s Federal Transit Administration (FTA) today announced a total of $25 billion in Federal funding allocations to help the Nation’s public transportation systems respond to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Funding is provided through the CARES Act, signed by President Trump.
o Frequently Asked Questions
FMCSA Statement on Local Shelter in Place and Other Restrictions on Movement Relating to COVID-19 (HERE)
• States, localities, and territories may wish to consider the following when implementing any quarantine, movement, and/or screening requirements that impact freight and passenger transportation by commercial motor vehicles. These suggestions draw on lessons learned from State, local, and territorial actions to date, as well as Federal guidance recommending unrestricted movement and access for critical infrastructure workers.
Statement by Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia on Unemployment Insurance Claims (HERE)
• “Similar to last week’s unemployment claims numbers, today’s report reflects the sacrifices American workers are making for their families, neighbors, and country in order to ‘slow the spread.’ The Administration continues to act quickly to address this impact on American workers.”
HUD Moves Quickly to Make $3 Billion of Covid-19 Relief Funding Available to Communities Across the Nation (HERE)
• After the President signed the CARES Act, Secretary Ben Carson directed HUD to immediately begin allocating $3.064 billion to help America’s low-income families and most vulnerable citizens. These funds will be awarded quickly by using existing grant formulas; they will also be accompanied by new guidance that cuts red tape so grantees can quickly help their communities.
HUD Issues Availability of Regulatory Waivers for CoC, ESG, and HOPWA Programs to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts (HERE)
• HUD issued a memorandum providing regulatory waivers of certain Continuum of Care, Emergency Solutions Grant, Housing for Persons With AIDS, and Consolidated Plan requirements to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and provide additional supports to individuals and families eligible for CoC, ESG, and HOPWA assistance who are economically impacted by COVID-19.
HUD Issues New Cares Act Mortgage Payment Relief for FHA Single Family Homeowners (HERE)
• HUD announced a tailored set of mortgage payment relief options for single family homeowners with FHA-insured mortgages who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 National Emergency. Also included is an extension period for seniors with Home Equity Conversion Mortgages.
USPTO Announces Extension of Certain Patent And Trademark-Related Timing Deadlines Under The CARES Act (HERE)
• USPTO announced extensions to the time allowed to file certain patent and trademark-related documents and to pay certain required fees.
U.S. Census Bureau Statement on 2020 Census Call Centers (HERE)
• The public can respond to the 2020 Census online, by phone or by mail. Due to staffing adjustments driven by guidance from federal, state and local health authorities regarding COVID-19, the Census Bureau is working to mitigate the impact on 2020 Census call centers.
DOE to Make Strategic Petroleum Reserve Storage Capacity Available to Struggling U.S. Oil Producers (HERE)
• Today, DOE announced a solicitation to immediately make 30 million barrels of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve’s (SPR’s) oil storage capacity available to U.S. oil producers that are struggling with catastrophic financial losses due to the combined impacts of COVID-19 and the intentional disruption of world oil markets by foreign actors.
For the most up-to-date information, please see the CDC’s website: www.coronavirus.gov.