Webinar: China’s Medical Device Market presented by the US Commercial Service in China
The U.S. Commercial Service in China invites U.S. companies to join a webinar focused on China’s Medical Device Market on October 18, 2021.
When: October 18, 2021, 8-9PM EST
Participation fee: $25
China’s medical device market is expected to expand by 6.2% between 2020-2025, reaching a market value of $38.4 billion by 2025. Imported medical devices accounted for two thirds of this market in 2019, with U.S. suppliers claiming $5.5 billion in sales that year.
China’s medical device market offers opportunities for imported high-end and technology-heavy medical devices. Market segments experiencing sustained demand are diagnostic imaging, high value consumables, and orthopedics. Demand exists for digital CT scanners, digital x-ray machines, electrocardiography (ECG), electroencephalography (EEG), electromyography (EMG), MRI equipment, ultrasound scanners, implants, immuno-diagnostics, point-of-care testing (POCT), and joint-related products.
This webinar will provide an overview of China’s medical device market, market opportunities, market access requirements, IP considerations, and regulatory updates. We will clarify the role of China’s dominant public healthcare system and its burgeoning private hospital system, as well as how to sell into each of these segments.
Agenda and Speakers:
Introduction, Bernadette Stewart, Commercial Officer, CS Ontario
• Welcome Remarks, Aliza Totayo, Commercial Officer, U.S. Embassy Beijing
• China Medical Device Market Overview, Eric Shao, General Manager, IQVIA
• NMPA Regulatory Requirements and Registration Pathway, Hamish King, Chief Operating Officer, Cisema
• IP Protection in China, Juli Schwartz, IP Attaché, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Shanghai
• CS Services and Trade Show Opportunities, Commercial Service China