International Contracts and Agreements – Know Your Party presented by Mentor Means Business
Thursday, September 9, 2021 8:00 AM – Noon
Mentor High School
6477 Center Street
Mentor, OH 44060
Register today at www.mentormeansbusiness.com
International agreements can include representation or distribution contracts, licensing, manufacturing and/or sourcing agreements. Laws and regulations governing those agreements are not always what parties to the contract expect – and the consequences for those misunderstandings can be dire. This hybrid seminar will cover what business managers should be aware of BEFORE they enter into an agreement with an entity located in another country, what remedies are available when something goes wrong, and how to prevent inadvertent violations of US regulations related to forced labor, bribery or new requirements outlined in the USMCA. The seminar will be presented by three legal professionals, each with on-the-ground experience in the Americas, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This seminar will focus on the practical business aspects of entering into contractual obligations with parties located in other countries. It will be particularly suitable for:
• Exporters and Importers, logistics managers and compliance professionals
• Manufacturers, distributors and service companies doing business with foreign entities
• Companies interested in licensing or sourcing production overseas
• Companies contracting to manufacture foreign products in the US
ON THE AGENDA
• International contractual do’s and don’ts specific to the Americas, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
• Potential liabilities related to violations of US regulations, foreign employment and labor laws
• IP and trademark protections
• Supply chain disruptions, force majeure
• Anticompetitive red flags
• Examples for each region
Coaraci Nogueira Do Vale
Senior Partner and Managing Partner of the São Paulo office at the law firm Rosman, Penalva, Souza Leão, Franco, Vale, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Senior Counsel for International Trade and Transportation at the law firm Thompson Hine LLP, Columbus, OH
Partner at the law firm Thompson Hine LLP, Cleveland, OH
Messiers Ujczo and Li will present in person while Mr. Vale will present remotely from Brazil.
REGISTRATION FEE $20.00
Breakfast included. Contact Kelly Conrad, EconomicDevelopment Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 974-5740 with any questions regarding this seminar or other needs.