The President’s “E” Award was initiated by Executive Order of President John F. Kennedy in 1961 and has been presented annually ever since. The President's “E” Award affords suitable recognition to persons, firms, or organizations which contribute significantly in the effort to increase U.S. exports. There are two types of “E” Awards.
· The President's “E” Award for Exports is awarded to a firm or organization that has made significant contributions to the increase of American exports.
· The President's “E” Award for Export Service is awarded to organizations that may or may not export directly, but which assist or facilitate export activities.
Winners of the “E” Award are authorized to fly the blue and white banner, to display the accompanying certificate of commendation which is signed by the Secretary of Commerce in the name and by the authority of the President, to wear and issue to employees an “E” lapel pin, and to refer to the award in their advertising.
Applications will be accepted between November 1st, 2016 and January 20th, 2017.
We will have a series of conference calls to discuss the criteria for the Award along with the application process. If you’re interested in applying, I would strongly encourage you to participate in one of the calls. At the end of the call you’ll be able to:
• Determine if your company/organization is a candidate for the Award.
• Identify information required for submission.
• Be able to complete the application.
• Understand the components of a successful application.
• Be familiar with the processes and timelines for application submission, review, and approval.
Thursday, December 8;
• All calls for Exporters will be held at 3:00 p.m. Eastern time
• All calls for Export Service Providers will be held at 4:00 p.m. Eastern time
(organizations that help others to export like associations, logistics providers, finance companies, export education services, and similar).
To register for the call please contact Eawards@trade.gov
For more information on this award please visit www.export.gov/exportawards